It begins with a conversation…
At RICO Lift Trucks, our material handling solutions pick up where others’ lift trucks leave off. When you’ve exhausted internal ideas, give us a call. Our custom engineered solutions have helped thousands of customers in a broad range of applications solve their specialized material handling issues. We provide custom lift trucks for the steel and stamping industry, automotive and aerospace manufacturers, the chemical and coatings industry and specialized military vehicles, among others.
We make it as easy and painless as possible, starting with our application worksheet to understand the working environment. This helps identify your custom project parameters and determine whether RICO is the right fit. We can walk you through the application and field any questions you need answered to go back to your client with a firm quote.
At the Start
Our first big question is why? Why have you called RICO? We dive into your specifications to determine every possible factor that could impact the potential project. These are just some of the types of questions that help guide an informed quotation:
- What are you trying to achieve?
- Load information…what is the lift expected to pick up and move?
- Weight of the object(s) for transport
- Are the loads palletized or not?
- What is the required turning radius?
- Will the fork lift run on a ramp or walkway? If so, what is the degree or slope?
- Where will the fork lift be used?
- Indoors or outdoors?
- A cold environment with ice and snow?
- In a classified area with potentially hazardous materials?
- What is the anticipated duty cycle?
- Are there ceiling height considerations?
- When do you need delivery?
- Has your client encountered difficulties fulfilling their lift truck requirements in the past?
As with any project, a final question would be, what is the budget? Anyone with sales experience will tell you this last question can cause projects to stall or walk out the door. Occasionally you might have a client with a budget of $10,000 for a $100,000 problem. This is a classic case of trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.
You could find a cheaper solution, but not necessarily a better one. It isn’t uncommon for a customer to come back to RICO after trying an alternative product that fails on the job site or requires a replacement far too often. RICO equipment is built with safety, reliability, high performance and durability in mind.
We invite you to visit our facilities, take a tour, chat with our engineers. We’re confident you won’t find a better option for your specially engineered materials handling needs than RICO Lift Trucks. Call us at 330-723-4050.