SYSTEM CONSULTING SERVICES
RICO EQUIPMENT’S long standing relationship with Lightning Time Savers, Inc. enables us to provide a total, seamless ‘Turn-Key’ solution to die and mold operations. Lightning Time Savers, Inc. is an engineering and consulting firm with 35 years’ experience implementing method improvements and installing hardware to reduce changeover time on presses and mold machines to under 15 minutes.
Lightning Time Savers, Inc. has the knowledge and know-how to formulate a QUICK DIE CHANGE program tailored to the customer’s specific needs. To begin, a complete consultation will be provided on the following:
- How to Get Started
- How to Justify System
- How to Develop Overall Plan
- How to Utilize the Team Approach
- How to Increase Efficiency Throughout Plant
- How to Ready Die Before and After Changeover
SYSTEM CONSULTATION OVERVIEW
One-hour Facility Tour
- View present method of operation for storage, die handling and changeover.
Two-hour Changeover Observation
- Observe an actual die change hit-to-hit
- Meet with die setters and operators to review present die change procedures.
Two-hour Training Session
- Identify die handling equipment and storage options to improve safety.
- Review present changeover; identify good and bad practices and methods to further reduce changeover.
- Identify low-cost options for changeover reduction
- Tool and press modifications
- Method/layout improvements
- Die handling equipment
- Die storage
- Breakdown changeover and document current Pockets of Time
- Hourly and salary training requirements
- Next steps
- Potential costs versus savings in changeover time
Total Turnkey Engineering/Manufacturing solution: RICO MANUFACTURING and Lightning Time Savers are responsible for the purchase of equipment, installation, and start-up and lifetime product support.
LEARN MORE ABOUT LIGHTNING TIME SAVERS
Gary Zunker began his career in QUICK DIE CHANGE in 1982 as project manager of a 12 man team. Together, they attacked changeover on the large presses at the John Deere lawn and garden facility in Horicon, WI. They were successful in reducing changeovers from 2.5 hours to under 15 minutes on ten presses.
In Sept 1987 Gary started his own company Lightning Time Savers, Inc. That same year, he wrote and published a new book titled “Retrofitting Quick Die Change in America”; the only book written by an American on a step by step approach on retrofitting existing presses to reduce Hit to Hit changeovers to under 15 minutes.
LEARN MORE ABOUT HARDWARE
A complete line of PATENTED HARDWARE including Die Trucks, “Half-Turn” Mechanical Clamps, Die Lifters, Die-Roller Tables, Die Separators, Die Racks, and more is offered; All CUSTOMIZABLE to fit you project’s needs.